We understand that as a consultant, contract worker, or independent business owner your taxable income may not reflect your true income. With more Canadians becoming self-employed everyday certain lending institutions have developed a mortgage based on credit history and confirmation that you don't have any outstanding taxes. With this new program Canada's working population can now obtain financing with a minimum of only 10% down payment!
CMHC and Genworth recognize the unique financing challenges of self-employed Canadians. To help them realize their dreams of homeownership, CMHC and Genworth both offer mortgage loan insurance options for self-employed borrowers without traditional third party validation of income.
- Available for purchases and refinances
- Can finance up to 90% on purchases and up to 80% on refinances
- Best mortgage rates
- Great credit
- Proof of business for self. Proof can come in sources such as a GST registration number registration, incorporation documents, or accountant created and audited tax returns
- Gifted down payments are permitted, but a minimum of 5% must come from the purchasers own saved funds
- Proof no income taxes are owing